Sunday, April 24, 2011

Nothing good happens after 2 a.m.

I was going to resist posting a blog tonight once I realized it was 2:46 am. But then I was reminded by an anonymous friend that "nothing good happens after 2 a.m." Thanks Erik. This quote is from our show...How I Met Your Mother. In fact I am reminded of the 18th episode of the first season in which Ted shares this advice. More to come on this show and how it is intertwined with my life...and that of many of you around me.

So I was not going to post anything...but then I realized my first post was written after 2 a.m...and that one seemed to turn out alright. So here it goes. I struggled with whether or not I should post tonight because I didn't want to spend a lot of time on this. I wanted it to be professional and well thought out. But then I decided that if I wait for time or to creatively design this blog...I would never make another post. So that being said...many of my posts may be very informal such as this one. It allows you to get the real me...and my real interactions...and my real thoughts.

Maybe I should rename this blog..."random thoughts during this Qatari adventure." So random thoughts from today...this air conditioning unit in my bedroom (which is placed directly over the head of the bed) has been dripping water on my for the past hour!...it needs to stop so I can go to bed...it hasn't done this the past few nights...there it goes again! You see...the water drops from above, hits the head board, and then splatters all over the back of my head and neck. Maybe I will strategically lay on an angle in my bed so that it doesn't splatter on my head. It is kind of like when someone sneezes on the back of your neck...

Oh yeah...I miss you guys!

5 comments:

  1. Is it possible to move your bed away from the wall? That might help :)

    I'm watching a HIMYM marathon right now! I'd love to know how you think my life is intertwined with it -- unless it is the video clip you've already sent me...

    Enjoy day #2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer random thoughts over professionalism any day!!:) My suggestion would be to sleep with your head at the foot of the bed. And I think that when they are referring to "nothing good happens after 2 a.m." you actually have to leave your apartment for that to occur. Otherwise, blogging in the safety of your bedroom is ok:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY! Where's today's post?? Does that mean you are finally sleeping? That would be great. How is work going? 12 hour days? That is crazy long.

    Hope you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just sleep with your mouth open. Sleep and drink at the same time :)


    Better yet... Use this as an excuse to go out and find an umbrella. But what color to choose? Perhaps yellow?

    ReplyDelete