Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Beginnings...

Upon my arrival to Doha, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that I had a roommate. Over my first few days my roommate, Abdallah, and I had a great chance to talk and get to know one another. Abdallah is from Tunisia. I have discovered that there are many Tunisian's living here in Doha. He has been very welcoming. Abdallah and I went to the mall over the weekend and did some shopping. Two times he bought me food while we were out and my first two nights he made me dinner! Talk about a great surprise! Sadly...Abdallah moved out and into another apartment this week...so I am left to fend for my own food.


Abdallah preparing me dinner the second night...




Check out the artistic expression!



Who needs to go out for dinner?


To update everyone on my dripping air conditioner situation...


Here's the situation. Note the position of the a/c unit. Note that I like to sleep on the right side of the bed (as pictured in this photo) directly under the a/c unit secondary to the layout of the room. I thank you all for your suggestions and solutions. I am sorry but I did not go with the suggestions from Mari or Erik. As useful as it would be to hydrate while sleeping or in the case of sleeping with my head at the foot of the bed...what would you end up calling the headboard then? So...I did heed the advice from my dear friend Carrie and pulled the bed 2 inches away from the wall. (1 point for the use of 'heed'...and I don't know what makes you a 'dear' friend Carrie...I'm thinking everyone else has their work cut out to rise to your status!) No more chinese...or maybe qatari water torture for me!

Random poll question...do you always get in and out of bed and sleep on the same side of your bed? Prior to my current sleep situation in this apartment...I have always gotten in and out of the bed from the other side...this holds true through the Royal Vista townhouse, Dave's, my undergrad apartment, the dorms, and my bedroom back at home growing up! Just curious what others have done...

5 comments:

  1. Not so random poll answer (I was going to put random poll answer but it can't be a random answer if there was a question. Otherwise it would be a random thought)... I have either gotten in from the right or left side, mainly it just depends on what side the wall is on, but it has been both sides.

    The fish above looks pretty good. Did he catch it? No offense, but it's probably a good thing that he prepared it, because I don't see you fileting the fish yourself. It's not quite like a frozen french bread pizza. If he just moved out, will you be getting a roommate to replace him? And if so do you have to prepare dinner the first two days?

    By the way, since Easter on Sunday I think I have more candy in our apartment than it has ever seen before...EVER!!! I think I have the equivalent of like 4 baskets. How have the first couple of days gone at work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fish was good. The night before Abdallah cooked up a shrimp omelette for me. The fish and shrimp and such are all fresh here in Doha. They were tasty...but yet...I am kind of craving a french bread pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I compromised my favorite side of the bed when I added a hubby to it. Bummer for the loss of my side...BONUS for the addition of a bed buddy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. Thanks Corrie! That made my night! I too am looking for a bed buddy...well you know what I mean :)

    ReplyDelete