Friday, April 22, 2011

I should be sleeping...

Yeah...I really should be sleeping. It's 4:30 in the morning and I've been lying here for nearly 2 hours with no sign of actual sleep. Call it jet lag (I did travel across 7 timezones and arrived here in this small country of Qatar about 36 hours ago) or maybe it's the excitement/nervousness of what is in store for the near future (kind of like the kid who can't sleep before Disney World). And yes...this is coming from the same guy who falls asleep within two minutes of hitting the pillow every night...well most nights I guess.

Either way...what does one do at 4:30am? Well start the blog that so many have been requesting, of course! So here it is. The blog. The story. The adventure...of how a young 28 year old moved around the world from the state that resembles a mitten to the peninsular country that looks a lot like the thumb of that mitten. Oh yeah...that peninsular country just happens to be located in the Middle East...and it's hot! And yes, I did mean to describe myself as a 'young' 28 year old. The adventure is just beginning...care to tag along?

7 comments:

  1. Yeah! Thanks for the blog! You are now in my google reader... can't wait to tag along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOT WOOT! and the blog is created....

    I'm so excited for you Chris! Hope you ended up falling asleep...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just remember Chris... "Nothing good happens after 2:00am."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't think your head even has to hit the pillow, sometimes the headrest of the lazy boy suffices. I want to hear more of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was getting ready to post another blog...then I looked and it is 2:46 am!!! And like Erik reminded...nothing good happens after 2:00 am. Who knows what would come out of me?
    Kristy...you're so right. I miss those days! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah! thanks for giving in to peer pressure and WELCOME to blogland! i knew you would fall into it just like the rest of us cool kids! glad to hear you arrived safely! hope you had a fabulous Easter, even if it was at work. can't wait to hear more...and see lots of cool pictures of all your adventures!
    miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you, Chris! Excited to follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete