Saturday, May 21, 2011

A Day at the Mall

Today's high temperature: 111 degrees F. I think I have learned why the rest of the world uses Celsius...it doesn't sound nearly as bad. In other words...we reached 44 degrees C today. As a result of the high temperatures for much of the year, malls have become very popular over here. There is a mall, Villagio, within walking distance from my work and this has become my connection with the rest of the world. I have gone to the bank and done grocery shopping here. Here is a glimpse of what I have experienced during my mall excursions...





...in case walking isn't your thing



This is the sporting goods store...
it's really nice and has just about anything you would need...



...including foam rollers...woohoo...



...anything a physio could need.



This photo speaks for itself.



The wall of color:
During my time here I have been fascinated by the fact that bright neon'ish colors are in. I have a bright yellow/green camelback that I brought with me. I was worried that it would standout. Little did I know that everything includes these bright colors. My brief survey has led me to conclude that bright green and blue are the colors of choice.



More color



Gondolandia:
A fun place for kids...and those who haven't grown up yet!



Including a rollercoaster...



...a ferris wheel



...big trampolines



I had breakfast with some friends at PQ's (friends not pictured)



Just a glimpse of how crazy the parking lot becomes if you wait till Friday or Saturday afternoon/evening to go to the mall.

2 comments:

  1. What a fancy mall. I don't think that we saw that when we were in Doha. I love all of the pictures. It sounds HOT. Michigan is finally getting warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how they make the ceiling look like the sky. So you can pretend you're outside but not melting.
    Hoping you're survivin' .... miss you, friend!

    ReplyDelete